Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Beginning of the Beginning

I am feeling very reluctant about writing a blog. I have always been a very open person about my feelings when expressing them to my friends and family, but to the world (or whoever comes across this blog), is a whole different story.

"The Journey is Now," is a safe place to express my feelings about food, recipes that I try, books on healthy living, and restaurants that cater to my eating needs. I am currently a gluten-free gal, and am about to embark on a dairy-free and low sugar lifestyle as well. Oh, and did I mention I'm also doing Weight Watchers? Eek!

Despite all of these diet "restrictions," this is what I know I should do in my heart, as well as when I listen to my body's needs. I have been gluten-free for the past eight months, and I have never felt better. I also have known that dairy does not sit well with me either, and refined sugar holds me back from living my life to the fullest, and I am truly hoping that reducing both of these types of foods from my meals allows me to grow and glow as well.

Tomorrow, August 24th, is the beginning of the beginning. The beginning of my journey, the beginning of my improved health, the beginning of my new life. My life is here. The journey is now. I am ready.

Let the games begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment